The Card Dispute Resolution Manager plays a crucial role in ensuring efficient, fair, and timely resolution of card disputes, minimizing financial losses, protecting the organization's reputation, and maintaining positive relationships with cardholders and merchants.
DUTY & RESPONSIBILITY
- Managing the Dispute Resolution Team: Overseeing and leading the Card Dispute Resolution team responsible for resolving disputes raised by cardholders and merchants. This involves providing guidance, training, and support to team members.
- Dispute Resolution Process: Developing and implementing an efficient and effective dispute resolution process. This includes establishing guidelines, standard operating procedures, and workflows to ensure the consistent and timely resolution of disputes.
- Dispute Analysis and Reason Code Determination: Analyzing disputed transactions to determine the appropriate reason codes for initiating disputes. This requires a thorough understanding of card network rules and regulations, as well as the ability to assess the validity of each dispute.
- Case Preparation and Representation: Preparing dispute cases by gathering all necessary documentation, evidence, and supporting information. Representing the organization in dispute resolution proceedings, such as arbitration or mediation, and presenting a compelling case to secure a favorable outcome.
- Reporting and Documentation: Generating regular reports on dispute trends, chargebacks, and fraud. Updating management on key metrics, case statuses, and performance indicators related to the Card Dispute Resolution team. Maintaining accurate and comprehensive documentation of all dispute-related activities.
- Process Improvement: Collaborating with cross-functional teams, such as the Process Improvement Team and IT-Card Support team to identify areas for process enhancement and implement best practices within the Card Dispute Resolution function. Continuously seeking opportunities to streamline workflows, reduce disputes, and improve overall efficiency.
- Dispute/Chargeback Monitoring Transaction: Creating basic parameters and criteria on how to monitor suspicious transactions for respective schemes.
- Compliance and Regulatory Requirements: Staying up-to-date with industry regulations, card network rules, and changes in dispute resolution practices. Ensuring compliance with dispute timeframes, liability shift policies, and other requirements set forth by card networks (e.g., Visa, Mastercard, and UPI card etc.) and regulatory authorities.
- Training and Development: Providing training sessions and refreshers to the Dispute Resolution Team and other relevant departments on dispute resolution processes, guidelines, and fraud mitigation practices. Ensuring team members are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively handle disputes.
- Project Participation: Participating in projects related to the Card Management System or other initiatives aimed at enhancing the overall card dispute resolution process. Collaborating with stakeholders and contributing expertise to project teams.
- Miscellaneous Responsibilities: Undertaking any other duties or assignments delegated by the Head of Department, which may include ad-hoc tasks, special projects, or events from time to time.
- Bachelor degree in either Business/English Communication, Law, Computer Science (IT) or relevant fields.
- Having working experience in this area for at least two or three years is advantageous.
- Good interpersonal and good communication skills, both in English written and verbal, Good team leadership means working effectively and collaboratively in team.
- Self-motivated and committed.
- Computer literacy includes Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
How to apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit your updated Cover Letter and CV stating the position applied for with your current photo (4x6) through firstname.lastname@example.org